Felt like doing that screenshot redraw meme again.
First of all let me say: how did I get 500+ followers ._. I would like to thank everyone for following me even though I’m lame and weird and I suck. Thank you all so much. I would goto each and every one of your inboxes and say thank you but I’m a lazy pig :x So here’s a giveaway for you all ^-^
- A black Shingeki No Kyojin jacket/hoodie/sweater (idk what to call it LOL)
- SNK Gift box including: 4 badges (pins), a sword keychain, and a key pendant necklace
- SNK green Survey Corps cloak
- Any one volume of the SNK manga
- (optional) One song you would like me to play on piano/flute/guitar
- Like and reblog all you want
- You must to be comfortable with giving me your address
- No giveaway blogs; I will be checking
- I can’t ship internationally. (I live in America) But if you are willing to help pay for the shipping then I would be more than happy to ship it to you! :)
- You don’t have to be following me. But if you are; you will be eligible to win one of these amazing character chibi mugs! In other words, you must be following me if you want the mugs.
- Giveaway ends on January 31, 2014
- Winner will be picked from an online generator, and they must have their inbox open and they must reply within 48 hours otherwise I will pick another person.
Ok that’s it everyone! Good luck and have fun! (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Can I just say that Muslim women who choose to wear a hijab are so inspirational. Seriously you guys probably get a lot of crap from bigots who don’t understand that you want to express your modesty. Honestly I find you inspirational and I think it’s amazing how even going through all that crap you’re still devoted to your faith.
You aren’t as stiff as you seem.
His OTP just got engaged. He’s understandably in fangirl mode.
I got dressed in my traditional Indian regalia, but there was a man, he was the producer of the whole show. He took that speech away from me and he warned me very sternly. “I’ll give you 60 seconds or less. And if you go over that 60 seconds, I’ll have you arrested. I’ll have you put in handcuffs.”
- Sacheen Littlefeather in Reel Injun (2009), dir. Neil Diamond.
They were MAD, CONFUSED AND PRESSED that Marlon Brando would betray White Supremacy in this way.
To this very day, they are TWISTED over this.
And when Littlefeather got up there and READ THEM FOR FILTH, they GAGGED. For eons.
So I imagine there are people like me out there who’ve never even heard of Marlon Brando and are extremely confused over why this is important.
Marlon Brando was the Don in The Godfather, and in 1973, he was nominated for and won an Academy Award for it. However, he was also a huge Natives rights activist, and boycotted the ceremony because he felt that Hollywood’s depictions of Native Americans in the media led to the Wounded Knee Incident (which I was always taught as “the second massacre at Wounded Knee” but apparently that’s not the real name). He sent Sacheen Littlefeather, an Apache Native rights activist, in his stead. Wikipedia’s article on her explains the rest:
Brando had written a 15-page speech for Littlefeather to give at the ceremony, but when the producer met her backstage he threatened to physically remove her or have her arrested if she spoke on stage for more than 60 seconds. Her on-stage comments were therefore improvised. She then went backstage and read the entire speech to the press. In his autobiography My Word is My Bond, Roger Moore (who presented the award) claims he took the Oscar home with him and kept it in his possession until it was collected by an armed guard sent by the Academy.
That is what this gifset is about.
You have GOT to read up on this. The Wounded Knee Incident, Marlon Brando and Sacheen Littlefeather, Anna Mae Aquash. ALL OF IT.
dude that reminds me
we’re going to see more of this in kh3:
more specifically, more of this: